Teacher Professional Learning
Looking to grow as an educator? QBG is committed to supporting you! We offer a variety of professional learning options ranging from introductions to inquiry to school gardening.
Our programs are aligned with New York City Science Standards, New York State Science Standards, the Next Generation Science Standards, and the Common Core Learning Standards. Programs are aimed at helping equip teachers with the skills and content to enliven their classrooms and engage their students in science learning. QBG’s Teacher Professional Learning Program is an approved CTLE sponsor.
For more information, please contact [email protected] or 718.886.3800 ext. 371.
CHECK BACK SOON!
Teacher Professional Learning Request
Our educators provide custom programs for your educators’ needs. Sample topics include:
Half-Day or Full-Day Workshops
• Easy and Exciting Classroom Gardening
• Observations with Plants—How Do Scientists Think?
• Exploring Botany and Ecology
• The Waste Stream
• Using the Garden to Teach Math and ELA (day or multiple sessions)
Multiple Session Workshops
• Ecology in the Urban Environment—from microbes to macrobes
• Sustainability in the Community
• Urban School Gardening
Urban Advantage teachers looking for UA opportunities at QBG, CLICK HERE.
Photo Credit: Anne Tan-Detchkov, QBG Staff