Your Special Occasion at the Garden
Our 39 acres and indoor facilities offer a one-of-a-kind location for wedding ceremonies, receptions, and photos. Brides and grooms have celebrated their special day at Queens Botanical Garden for years — come visit and see why. Whether the Garden is a backdrop for your portraits, you’re exchanging vows in our glorious Wedding Garden, or you’re having your reception on our Terrace or in our Auditorium, your special day will be unforgettable. The Garden is also ideal for bar or bat mitzvahs, birthday or graduation parties, showers, cocktail parties and other special celebrations.
To schedule an appointment, contact [email protected]
or 718.886.3800, ext. 201.
We look forward to meeting you! To meet with a Garden representative, you MUST schedule an appointment in advance with the Special Events & Rental office. There are NO walk-ins. ALL appointment attendees must complete a brief health questionnaire, provided by staff via email, prior to arrival. You must present your appointment confirmation to the attendant at the entrance.
See below for health & safety guidelines for booked events:
For groups of 30 or more:
- Guidelines state that each attendant over 13 years old is required to provide proof of a negative Covid-19 test or vaccination taken two weeks prior to the event. For testing, a PCR test must be taken 72 hours prior to the event OR a rapid Covid test can be taken no more than six (6) hours prior to the event. Covid testing is available at medical offices, pharmacies, urgent care facilities, testing sites, and more throughout NYC.
- A physical copy of proof must be given/shown to the Garden with photo IDs. Alternatively, we accept the Excelsior Pass at our venue for verification. It is downloadable via Google Play and the App Store.
- All attendees must comply with health and safety guidelines; those who cannot provide the required documentation will not be granted entry.
For all events:
- If someone experiences symptoms of Covid-19 or has had known exposure, we ask that they stay home.
- Clients are required to send a confirmed guest list two (2) weeks prior to the scheduled event.
- Seating for your event will be set up socially distanced. Parties may seat as many as 10 individuals per table.
- All attendees are required to wear a mask, except when eating or drinking. The face covering requirement applies to any attendee over the age of two.
- Dancing is permitted with social distancing while adhering to proper mask wearing etiquette.
Please be advised we are following Covid guidelines and mitigation efforts as laid out by local jurisdiction. Should a party fail to adhere to these guidelines, the guest(s) will be asked to leave. Further noncompliance will result in contract termination and risks the shutdown of the event by QBG and the Department of Health.
An intimate setting framed by flowering plants, wood bridges and gazebo, and enclosed by a white picket fence, the Wedding Garden gracefully blends elements of Eastern and Western garden design while evoking the refined elegance of the Victorian era.
Wedding Garden capacity: 150 seated
Rental ($850) includes:
– One hour in the Wedding Garden for ceremony and photographs
– One hour in the Main Garden for photographs
– One hour of weekday rehearsal time *must be scheduled in advance (we suggest one or two weeks before ceremony)
– Use of an indoor facility or terrace in case of rain
– Complimentary seating for up to 20 guests. Additional seating is available up to 80 chairs.
NOTE: Reservations are required. All bookings are subject to availability. A deposit of 50% is required at the time of booking, with the balance due six months in advance of your wedding.
QBG offers one-of-a-kind receptions for you and your guests. Reception spaces are available in our Auditorium and Cherry Circle, or on our Terrace, just steps from the Wedding Garden. Our preferred caterers have delicious menus that can be tailored to your special requests and needs.
With 18 acres of formal garden areas, we offer countless photo opportunities. Favorite locations include the Rose Garden, Wedding Garden, Floral Border, Annual Beds, Four Seasons Garden, Woodland Garden, Ornamental Grass Garden, and Fragrance Walk.
MAIN GARDEN PHOTOGRAPHY ($175):
One hour on the main grounds
CLICK HERE to book your Main Garden photos online.
WEDDING GARDEN PHOTOGRAPHY ($300):
30 minutes in the Wedding Garden and one hour on the main grounds
Note: Reservations are required. Schedule a session well in advance of your event date. Bridal parties and other groups are restricted to 20 people. Payment is due in full upon booking. An additional $25 is charged for permits purchased on the day of the event.
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds and no indoor facilities for photos in the event of rain. Please notify us in advance if you need to change the date and/or time of your appointment. Changes are subject to an additional fee and availability.
Photo Credit (Header): Ben Lau Photography