Request for Proposals
Queens Botanical Garden (QBG) seeks bidders for a Landscape Project that involves renovation of an existing garden, the “Backyard Gardens” (c. 4,600 sq. ft) and installation of a new garden on an adjacent piece of land (c. 6,100 sf ft) that is currently mostly turf within the World’s Fair named “Gardens on Parade” section of QBG.
Queens Botanical Garden is a private non-profit that is located on land that is owned by the City of New York. This Project, called “GOP+” here, will be managed by QBG staff, in consultation with landscape architect consultants (Harriet Grimm and W. Gary Smith) engaged by QBG. Funding provided by New York State comprises the bulk of the funding for the project.
To request the bid documents please express interest by sending your firm name, contact person, and contact information. The RFP, Drawings, and Project Manual will be sent by email.
- Invitation issued: August 6, 2018
- RFP including Drawings and Project Manual issued: August 15
- Pre-Bid Session with Landscape Architect & QBG Staff: August 22 from 10 am to 12 noon
- Please RSVP to Joshua DeJoy (info below)
- Bids due: September 6 by close of business
- Interviews and Project Award: September
- Project: MAY be broken into two phases (fall 2018 and spring 2019) based on weather, mobilization, plant availability, etc.
To request a Bid Package contact:
Joshua DeJoy, [email protected], 718-886-3800 362
Susan Lacerte, Executive Director, [email protected]; 718-886-3800 x 205
Stephanie Ehrlich, Director of Development, [email protected], 718-886-3800 x 330.
Above: English cottage garden from the “Gardens on parade” exhibit of the 1939 World’s Fair.