Request for Proposals
Environmental Assessment – SEQRA/CEQR
Queens Botanical Garden is seeking a consulting firm to conduct an environmental assessment (EA) to meet the requirements of the NY State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA) and the NYC Environmental Quality Review (CEQR).
Queens Botanical Garden has secured funding from NY State to build a relatively small pavilion structure on its property. The pavilion will be approximately 3,200 square feet. The structure will not have sides but if funds allow, there will be two composting toilets in enclosed bathrooms; there will not be an HVAC system. We do not anticipate the structure will cause additional traffic to the Garden, nor will it will create a marked increase in shade.
The pavilion will be sited within the area below (exact location TBD).
Building/installing the pavilion is part of a multi-phase Education Center project, funded by New York City, which includes a 14,000 square foot Education Building and a half-acre Kids Culture Garden (both to be located in this area).
- Licensed and insured firm;
- Demonstrated experience conducting SEQRA/CEQR environmental assessments;
- Familiarity with Dormitory Authority of the State of NY (DASNY) paperwork and processes a plus.
Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprises (M/WBEs) are encouraged to apply.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Phase 1: Baseline Environmental Analysis to meet SEQRA/CEQR standards
Phase 1A: As needed: Archaeological Documentary Report
Phase 2: As needed: Hazmat Work Plan/testing/remedial action plan
- Conduct Baseline Environmental Analysis and provide related report.
- Consultant will fill out appropriate SEQRA and CEQR paperwork.
- Advise on other work that needs to be done.
- As needed: Complete Archaeological Documentary Report and Hazmat Work Plan/testing/remedial action plan.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION MATERIALS
- Maximum two (2) page narrative describing firm’s approach to the project and anticipated timeline;
- Consultant fees by phase; provide a preliminary idea for number of meetings;
- Schedule of rates for reimbursables;
- Hourly rate for principals and staff;
- Summary of qualifications and key resumes;
- Examples of two (2) relevant projects with appropriate illustrative materials;
- Client references with contact information;
- Additional background materials (optional).
TO SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL
1) Mail TWO hard copies of materials
2) Email materials
Stephanie Ehrlich, Director of Development
Queens Botanical Garden
43-50 Main Street, Flushing, NY 11355
718-886-3800, ext. 205
RFP issued: Friday, November 1, 2019
Proposals due: Friday, November 15, 2019 (6pm)
Interviews: November 19, 20, 21, 2019
Phone calls and/or site visits (by appointment) are welcome, prior to submitting proposal.
Photo Credit: Jess Brey