Photo & Video Permits
Queens Botanical Garden is a beautiful and unique venue for photo and video shoots. We welcome inquiries into rentals of our many indoor and outdoor spaces. Please see below for guidelines for commercial and non-commercial shoots.
For more information, contact [email protected] or 718-886-3800 ext 201.
Non-Commercial Photo and Video Shoots
FAMILY, ENGAGEMENT, AND WEDDING PORTRAITS, HEADSHOTS, ETC.
To reserve an hour-long shoot in the Main Garden, CLICK HERE. Fee is $175.
Please CLICK HERE to review guidelines for Garden etiquette.
Commercial Photo and Video Shoots
MOVIES, TELEVISION, FASHION SHOOTS, ETC.
A Letter of Intent must be received by QBG at least two weeks in advance of the shoot. Please include the following items:
– Date, time, and purpose of the shoot
– Number of people (production and talent) in your party
– Type of equipment you intend to use
– Locations in the Garden you wish to shoot
– How you intend to distribute your work and its intended audience
Queens Botanical Garden reserves the right to refuse permission for a shoot based on the size of the production, content, subject matter, theme, distribution or other reasons incompatible with the mission of the Garden. You must also agree to providing the Garden a copy of all publicity or final products. QBG must be appropriately credited, as agreed upon at the time that your shoot is scheduled.
Once the event has been scheduled and a rental price agreed upon, you must provide the following at least two weeks in advance of the shoot:
– Deposit consisting of one-half of your rental fee
– Liability Insurance Certificate in the amount of $1,000,000 listing Queens Botanical Garden Society, Inc. and the City of New York as additional co-insured.
As you plan for your shoot, please keep the following in mind:
– The Garden is closed to the public on Mondays, making it an ideal day for your shoot.
– Tai Chi takes place each morning on the Oak Allée and in various garden areas around the grounds between 8 and 9:30am, rain or shine.
– Some garden areas may not be available depending on seasonality or previously scheduled programs.
– Standing in or setting up equipment in flowerbeds is strictly prohibited without prior consent of QBG.
– Changing rooms are available at an additional cost.
– Please CLICK HERE to review guidelines for Garden etiquette.
Post –Shoot Requirements
The Garden requests a copy of all publicity or final products. QBG must be appropriately credited, as agreed upon at the time that your shoot is scheduled.
Photo Credit: Justin O’Brien