Movie Nights at the Garden
Queens Botanical Garden’s first-ever Movie Nights series turns the urban oasis in Flushing into an outdoor cinema!
Experience big screen magic with the beautiful backdrop of golden hour in the evening. In addition to enjoying seasonal, movie-themed food and refreshments and exclusive after-hours access to the Garden, participate in a hands-on craft activity or enjoy a live performance (varies based on featured film). Bring your friends, family, and a blanket or lawn chairs for this quintessential summer experience!
- $15 per Adult
- $12 per Child, Student, Senior, & Individual with Disabilities
- $50 for a Family of 4
- $25 per Couple
- Free for Children 3 and under
- $10 per Adult
- $8 per Child, Student, Senior, & Individual with Disabilities
- $35 for a Family of 4
- $18 per Couple
- Free for Children 3 and under
Each ticket comes with after-hours admission to the Garden, a $5 food voucher, and a complimentary craft or performance. $8-10 parking rate in effect. Registration required.
See below for what’s coming to a garden near you!
Zootopia (SOLD OUT)
Saturday, June 12 | 7:30-10:45pm
Join us for the first flick in our series! Experience this family-friendly movie surrounded by the beauty and delight of the Garden.
Grab a snack and a memento at the Bunny Burrow Bazaar, QBG’s themed marketplace for all of your cinema needs, including Night Howlers (blueberries in a fresh fruit bowl) and Pawpsicles (fruit flavored popsicles)! Before the movie, make your animal print badge by picking which animals you want to have on your tree cookie! Plus, grab a pair of Bunny ears or your own police whistle!
Dirty Dancing (SOLD OUT)
Friday, June 25 | 7:30-11pm
Get your dancing shoes on and have the time of your life at the second movie in our series!
Enjoy a complimentary dance lesson with Margaret Batiuchok before the movie, and some dancing after! Swing by Kellerman’s Mountain House Bar for some refreshments and Garden swag! We’re featuring Watermelon Margaritas and Classic Sliders! Plus, buy a bag for your next resort visit!
Alice in Wonderland
Friday, July 9 Friday, July 16 | 7:30-10:30pm (RESCHEDULED DUE TO WEATHER)*
Blend your own herbal tea and enjoy this animated classic under the stars!
Create your own flavorful teas by mixing a combination of herbs, flowers, and plants and take home two tea bags of your own making! Wander by the Queen’s Dining Hall for a cup of tea and cake! Don’t forget to pick up a souvenir to celebrate your “unbirthday”!
*If you are unable to attend our scheduled rain date, you may receive a full refund of your tickets by emailing [email protected].
Raya and the Last Dragon
Saturday, July 24 | 8:15-11:15pm
Be dazzled by a live fire performance before watching this exciting new release under the stars!
Before the movie, experience a live fire performance by Hoopsie Daisies! Get a taste of Southeast Asia with bite-size appetizers at “Boun’s Shrimporium” and shop botanical plushies to take home!
This screening of Raya and the Last Dragon is sponsored by Jungle Cruise.
Wonder Woman 1984
Friday, August 6 | 7:30-10:45pm
A live taekwondo demonstration kicks off the night for this superhero movie at the Garden!
Be inspired by a live taekwondo demonstration by Flushing-based East Taekwondo! Come by the “Amazonian Cafe” for snacks and drinks. Shop our patriotic red, white, and blue souvenirs!
Friday, August 20 | 7:30-10:45pm
Enjoy botanical-inspired arts and crafts along with this beloved animated film!
Our featured craft is Botanical Snowpeople! Create your own little Everest using flower petals and a little magic! Hike to “Everest Mountain Camp Canteen” for an icy treat and buns! Peruse our plant sale to take home a piece of nature!
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
About Entry for Movie Nights at the Garden
- Outside food and beverages are NOT allowed.
- The Garden will not provide chairs or lawn furniture. Ticket holders are encouraged to bring their own blanket and/or portable lawn chairs, as the movie screening will take place on the grass of our Oak Allée. Self-seating placement is first-come, first-seated.
- Because space is limited we must enforce a visitation capacity to ensure that visitors can safely distance themselves.
- Keep in mind our health and safety guidelines. Below is more information about capacity and restrictions.
- Ticket fee does not cover parking fees.
Health & Safety
- Outdoors, vaccinated visitors and staff are not required to wear masks, regardless of distancing. Individuals may choose to still wear masks.
- Indoors, masks must be worn in shared spaces such as Gift Shop, classrooms, restrooms, etc, unless eating in designated areas.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at multiple stations throughout the Garden. Feel free to inquire with Staff to help locate the nearest dispenser. Please note: Hand sanitizing does not replace hand washing. CDC recommends washing hands with soap and water whenever possible as it reduces all types of germs and chemicals on hands.
- High-touch surfaces are disinfected throughout the day.
- For more information: https://queensbotanical.org/hours_admission