Monthly Walking Tour Series
Join our knowledgeable staff to explore what’s in bloom at the Garden during the winter and early spring months of 2021! Learn about curious creatures, the first signs of spring, the botanical heritage of Queens, and more!
All tours are $8 for Members, $10 for Non-Members, & Free with Urban Advantage Student +3 Vouchers.
Animals in the Winter Garden
Sunday, January 10 | 2-3pm
Explore signs of animals, insects, their habitats, and other seasonal highlights.
Spotting Spring in the Winter
Saturday, February 6 | 2-3pm
Explore early signs of Spring, winter blooms, and other seasonal highlights.
Early Spring Bulbs and Ephemerals
Saturday, March 6 | 2-3pm
Explore early Spring bulb flowers, blossoms, and other seasonal highlights.
Tulips, Roses, & Wampum: The Seal of Queens in Flowers
Saturday, April 17 | 2-3pm
Explore the botanical heritage of Queens through its Native American, Dutch, & English colonial histories.
Intro to Citizen Science with Genspace
Sunday, May 2 | 2-3pm
This month, we’re teaming up with Genspace to explore urban biodiversity! Join us as we participate in the City Nature Challenge (CNC), a bioblitz that mobilizes people around the world to observe and identify the biodiversity in their own backyards. Let’s seek out all the amazing plants and animals that call QBG home.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
HEALTH & SAFETY
- To prevent the spread of COVID-19 and for the health and safety of all visitors, you MUST WEAR A MASK and maintain 6-FOOT DISTANCE from others in order to enter and remain in the Garden. It is the law. Violators will be escorted out.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at multiple stations throughout the Garden. Feel free to inquire with Staff to help locate the nearest dispenser. Please note: Hand sanitizing does not replace hand washing. CDC recommends washing hands with soap and water whenever possible as it reduces all types of germs and chemicals on hands.
- Restrooms are accessible by the ramp next to the Visitor & Administration Building. Please follow on-site instructions on how to enter restrooms.
- High-touch surfaces are disinfected throughout the day.
- For more information: https://queensbotanical.org/hours_admission