Know Before You Go
At Queens Botanical Garden, we strive to provide a place of peace, beauty, and safety for the enjoyment of our visitors. To ensure comfort, health, and safety for all, below are guidelines and things to keep in mind as your plan your visit.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Garden. Enjoy your visit!
Health & Safety
Vaccinated visitors and staff are not required to wear masks outdoors. Individuals may choose to still wear masks.
Unvaccinated visitors are required to wear masks.
Observe social distancing whenever possible.
Proof of Vaccination
Individuals 12 and older are required to show proof of at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by the FDA or WHO. Showing proof of vaccination and photo ID is required to enter buildings onsite.
*Indoor guidelines are informed by the City’s Key to NYC.
Indoors, masks must be worn in shared spaces such as Gift Shop, classrooms, restrooms, etc, unless eating in designated areas.
Observe social distancing whenever possible.
The Visitor & Administration Building (V&A)
At times, the Gift Shop, typically in the V&A Building, may move outside to an outdoor kiosk, and the rest of the V&A Building, including the Gallery, will be closed. Please call ext. 200 for specific information about current open hours.
Individuals planning to enter our buildings for a prolonged stay (more than 15 minutes), should do a self-assessment before arrival. If any of the answers to the question below is “yes,” the visitor should stay home:
Have I experienced in the last 48 hours, any new or worsening COVID-19 symptoms?
If unvaccinated, have I had close contact (being within six feet for at least 10 minutes over a 24-hour period) or proximate contact (as determined by health authorities) in the past 10 days with any person confirmed by diagnostic test, or suspected based on symptoms, to have COVID-19?
Have I tested positive through a diagnostic test for COVID-19 in the past 10 days?
Hand Sanitizing & Surfaces
Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at multiple stations throughout the Garden. Feel free to inquire with Staff to help locate the nearest dispenser. Please note: Hand sanitizing does not replace hand washing. CDC recommends washing hands with soap and water whenever possible as it reduces all types of germs and chemicals on hands.
High-touch surfaces are disinfected throughout the day.
Restrooms are accessible by the ramp next to the Visitor & Administration Building. Restrooms inside the V&A Building are also available when the building is open.
Reducing Paper Materials
CLICK HERE for our full calendar of events and a digital map of the Garden!
Light exercise while practicing health and safety guidelines above is welcome in the Arboretum. Light exercise such as Tai Chi is allowed on the Main Grounds from 8 to 9:30am, so long as distance from others is maintained, paths are clear for passersby, and there is no obstructing of plantings.
Sports and active recreation are prohibited. Please use adjacent Kissena Park or Flushing Meadows-Corona Park, or the other great parks of the City and State, for other physical recreation.
Activities Not Permitted
The following activities are NOT permitted:
– Ball playing, sledding, kite flying, etc.
– Sunbathing. Shirts are required at all times
– Picking flowers or plants, climbing or damaging trees
– Hanging clothing or other items on trees and shrubs
– Stepping, walking, or playing in garden beds and water features
– Picnicking in the formal gardens. Picnicking is allowed in the Arboretum area but not coolers, barbecues or open fires, etc.
– Feeding wildlife
– Soliciting or passing out information
– Smoking. Under New York City law, effective May 23, 2011, smoking is prohibited anywhere on Queens Botanical Garden grounds
– Bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards, scooters or other such devices
– Pets, except service animals on a leash
– Commercial photography, unless pre-arranged with staff
– Loud music or activities
– Professional photography and videography for commercial use (e.g., advertisement, resale of images) and personal use (e.g., wedding and engagement portraits, headshots), unless a photo permit or appointment has been pre-arranged with staff. Please note: Staff reserves the right to restrict professional camera equipment on the premises, including digital SLR cameras and tripods, unless a photo permit is obtained or an appointment has been pre-arranged with staff. CLICK HERE to learn more about photo and video permitting and procedures.
Help keep us clean and green.
Place trash in receptacles and deposit bottles, cans, and newspapers in recycling containers.