Queens Botanical Garden’s Kids Programs bring together youngsters from around New York City to enjoy seasonal, hands-on learning and gardening experiences year-round. Through exploration, nature study, and craft activities, we explore concepts of gardening and environmental stewardship at age-appropriate levels within each program.
For information, contact [email protected] or 718.886.3800, ext. 218.
A limited number of scholarship seats are available by request. Please fill out the scholarship request form here to inquire.
After completion of the form, we will respond by 2 weeks from the program start date.
Please be patient with us as we receive a high volume of requests.
Summer Registration is OPEN!
Limited-Time Early Bird Discount Codes:
Offer ends on Monday, May 13 at 11:59 pm. No Early Bird discounts will be honored past this deadline.
EARLYBIRD – Code is auto-applied. 10% off registration for non-members.
EARLYBIRD-SIBLING – 15% off registration for two siblings.
EARLYBIRD-MEMBER – 20% off registration for family-level members
Know Before You Go
Information for participating families of kids’ programs.
- Water bottle
- Seasonal and weather-appropriate clothing: raincoat/poncho, rain boots, sweater/jacket/coat, gloves, hat, sunscreen for summer programs, etc.
- Seasonally appropriate shoes that will stay attached to your feet and can withstand getting muddy.
- Hand warmers (optional)
For the safety of students, staff and families, QBG is closely following CDC guidelines. As such, the following health and safety measures are in effect for 2023 programs. We will continue to monitor and update parents with any changes.
- Vaccines are strongly encouraged but not required.
- Participants and staff are not required to wear masks indoors. Individuals may choose to still wear masks.
- Staff and students are required to stay home if they or anyone in their household tests positive for COVID-19, or other contagious viruses. For reference, please review CDC guidelines.
- We ask all participants to consider the following three questions before coming to a QBG program. If you answer yes to any of these questions, please stay home.
- In the last 48 hours, have you experienced symptoms of COVID-19 or other contagious viruses?
- Have you tested positive through a diagnostic test for COVID-19 or another contagious virus in the past 10 days?
- Has anyone in your household tested positive for COVID-19 or another contagious virus in the past 10 days?
- What happens if I or someone in my group tests positive?
- Please notify us if your child (program participant) tests positive for COVID-19 or another contagious virus..
- When we are notified of a positive case in a program, we will notify families via email that someone in their group tested positive
- If a student becomes ill with symptoms during the day, a staff member will quarantine the student away from the group and notify a parent/guardian for pickup. We will follow the most current CDC guidelines on when that child and others can come back to class.
- Parking for all programs is $5.00, an exclusive rate for kids programs participants.
- Families have a 15-minute window for drop off at the parking circle.
- For information on how to get to the Parking Garden, please reference this page on the website.
- 10% discount off program fee for Family-Level Members and above
- All programs are rain or shine.
- We have a no-refund policy within 30 days from the program start date. If you must cancel after registering, notify the Kids Programs staff at 718-886-3800 x218 or [email protected] at least 30 full days before the start of the program and the Garden will refund 75% of the program cost.
- Refunds and credits are not issued for partial attendance or after the program begins. Registrations are nontransferable.
- There will not be make-up classes for absences due to illness from common contagious viruses, including COVID-19.
Please email [email protected] for additional questions, scholarship information, or to be added to our email list and newsletter!