Hands-on, nature-filled programs return this Fall to our 39-acre oasis! Read more below about these excited opportunities and sign up today!
Enjoy our program photobook below as we welcome back families & friends to the Garden!
Session 1: Friday, September 10 – Sunday, October 3
Session 2: Friday, October 15 – Sunday, November 7
4 Weekly Sessions | Children ages 2 – 3
$100 Non-Member / $90 Member
We welcome you and your toddler to join our Garden Buds program! Tailored to our youngest gardeners, children explore the wonder of nature through hands-on work and play in the garden, harvest garden produce, and create botanical crafts. Registration includes one child and a participating adult. This program is all outdoors and masks are required for all participants. One caregiver is requested to participate.
Fall Children’s Garden
Saturday, September 11 – Sunday, October 17
6 Weekly Sessions | Children ages 4 – 10
$225 Non-Member / $202.50 Member
The Children’s Garden, sponsored by HSBC Bank, is a fun and exciting place where kids spend time planting, playing, observing, and learning in a nurturing environment. From seed to table, our young gardeners have the opportunity to grow and harvest vegetables, put the garden to sleep for the winter, and explore the environments around them. This program is for drop-off only, all outdoors, and masks are required for all participants.
Afterschool Garden Adventures
Tuesday, September 21 – Thursday, November 18
9 Weeks, Two Sessions per Week | Children Grades K- 5
$450 Non-Member / $405 Member
Join our Afterschool Garden Adventures program for a blend of structured and freeform exploration! Our program is designed to provide children the support they need to express their natural curiosity. This program is for drop-off only, all outdoors, and masks are required for all participants.
Health and Safety for On-Site Children’s Programs
- Face masks required for program participants and staff
- We will practice 3-6 foot social distancing between students, staff, and the public whenever possible.
- Upon checking in, you will be asked whether or not you have COVID symptoms and a normal temperature.
- Daily, before you leave your house, please ask yourselves the following 3 questions:
- Are you currently experiencing, or recently experienced (in the last 48 hours), any new or worsening COVID-19 symptoms?
- Have you had close contact (being within 6 feet for at least 10 minutes over a 24-hour period) in the past 10 days with any person confirmed by diagnostic test, or suspected based on symptoms, to have COVID-19? (If fully vaccinated (more than 2 weeks past your first shot of a single dose series, or more than 2 weeks past your second shot of a double dose series) then this does not apply unless you are exhibiting symptoms.)
- Have you tested positive through a diagnostic test for COVID-19 in the past 10 days?
If you answer yes to any of these questions:
- Please stay home
- Return when you are symptom free for at least 72 hours (no fever or respiratory symptoms)
In keeping with CDC guidelines, the following measures will be implemented onsite. We will continue to monitor and update parents with any changes based on changing CDC guidelines.
- For programming, students are required to stay on our 39-acre property while all classes take place outdoors.
- Masks are required for staff and children throughout the entire program. Mask breaks can occur when more than 6 feet away from others.
- Programs will have no more than 18 total people per section, including students, staff and volunteers.
- Groups will not intermingle with other groups.
- Any food or drink breaks will be 6 ft apart between participants, staff, and public.
- Staff and volunteers will ensure students are socially distant during water breaks.
- There will be very limited shared materials. Anything that is shared will be wiped down before sharing, and/or children’s hands will get sanitized before and after usage of items.
- Before the beginning of each program, staff will use sanitizing wipes or spray to wipe down benches, tables, surfaces, and materials touched and used.
- Before eating, students will wash their hands with soap and water
- Staff will aim to maintain a 3-6 foot distance from each other and students whenever possible.
- Programs will be conducted entirely outdoors, including during light rain.
- If weather is too inclement to host class, families will be notified and class’s will be held on Zoom.
- There will not be a designated time for restrooms, as we ask you to take your child prior to class start time, but if your child needs to go, we have individual stalls in our education building. Child will go with a volunteer and use the bathroom independently. All participants must be able to use restrooms independently.
- Staff and students are required to stay home if they or anyone in their household or that they’ve been exposed to for prolonged periods exhibits COVID-19 symptoms and/or tests positive for COVID-19.
- CDC list of when to quarantine
- There will not be make-up classes for COVID absences. If the whole class is canceled due to exposure, we will hold the class remotely, where possible.
- Families will be notified immediately if someone in their group tests positive.
- Families will be contacted via email and asked to confirm receipt of email; follow up calls will be made, if necessary.
- If a student becomes ill with COVID-19 symptoms during the day, a staff member will quarantine the student away from the group and notify a parent/guardian for pickup. We will follow the most current CDC guidelines on when that child and others can come back to class.
Please email [email protected] for additional questions, scholarship information, or to be added to our email list and newsletter!
Kids Programs Photobook & Highlights!
- Programs such as Forest Explorers and Jr. Naturalists are on pause & will be brought back as soon as possible. Please contact us via email (subject: name of the program) to receive news & updates on a specific program.