At Queens Botanical Garden, our staff strives to provide a place of peace, beauty, and safety for the quiet enjoyment of our visitors.
Light exercise while practicing health and safety guidelines below is welcome in the Arboretum. Sports and active recreation are prohibited. Stay clear of pathways so others can safely pass. Please use adjacent Kissena Park or Flushing Meadows-Corona Park, or the other great parks of the City and State, for other physical recreation.
See you around the Garden!
Health & Safety
Outdoors, vaccinated visitors and staff are not required to wear masks, regardless of distancing. Individuals may choose to still wear masks.
Indoors, masks must be worn in shared spaces such as Gift Shop, classrooms, restrooms, etc, unless eating in designated areas.
Visitors entering into our buildings for a prolonged stay (more than 15 minutes), should do a self-assessment before arrival, asking themselves:
- Have I experienced in the last 48 hours, any new or worsening COVID-19 symptoms?
- If unvaccinated, have I had close contact (being within six feet for at least 10 minutes over a 24-hour period) or proximate contact (as determined by health authorities) in the past 10 days with any person confirmed by diagnostic test, or suspected based on symptoms, to have COVID-19?
- Have I tested positive through a diagnostic test for COVID-19 in the past 10 days?
Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at multiple stations throughout the Garden. Feel free to inquire with Staff to help locate the nearest dispenser. Please note: Hand sanitizing does not replace hand washing. CDC recommends washing hands with soap and water whenever possible as it reduces all types of germs and chemicals on hands.
Restrooms are accessible by the ramp next to the Visitor & Administration Building. Please follow on-site instructions on how to enter restrooms.
We are limiting the use of paper materials. For a Visitor Map, click here.
High-touch surfaces are disinfected throughout the day.
The following activities are NOT permitted:
– Ball playing, sledding, kite flying, etc.
– Sunbathing. Shirts are required at all times.
– Picking flowers or plants, climbing or damaging trees.
– Hanging clothing or other items on trees and shrubs.
– Stepping, walking, or playing in garden beds and water features.
– Picnicking in the formal gardens. Picnicking is allowed in the Arboretum area but not coolers, barbecues or open fires, etc.
– Feeding wildlife.
– Soliciting or passing out information.
– Smoking. Under New York City law, effective May 23, 2011, smoking is prohibited anywhere on Queens Botanical Garden grounds.
– Bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards, scooters or other such devices
– Pets, except service animals on a leash
– Commercial photography, unless pre-arranged with staff
– Loud music or activities
– Professional photography and videography for commercial use (e.g., advertisement, resale of images) and personal use (e.g., wedding and engagement portraits, headshots), unless a photo permit or appointment has been pre-arranged with staff. Please note: Staff reserves the right to restrict professional camera equipment on the premises, including digital SLR cameras and tripods, unless a photo permit is obtained or an appointment has been pre-arranged with staff. Click here to learn more about photo and video permitting and procedures.
Please help keep the Garden clean and green. Place trash in receptacles and deposit bottles, cans, and newspapers in recycling containers.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Garden. Enjoy your visit!