At Queens Botanical Garden, our staff strives to provide a place of peace, beauty, and safety for the quiet enjoyment of our visitors.
Starting Tuesday, July 21, Queens Botanical Garden will be open with limited operating hours. As open hours will adjust over time, please check our website for the latest updates on hours of operation and reference our health and safety guidelines below before visiting.
Light exercise while practicing health and safety guidelines below is welcome in the Arboretum. Sports and active recreation are prohibited. Stay clear of pathways so others can safely pass. Please use adjacent Kissena Park or Flushing Meadows-Corona Park, or the other great parks of the City and State, for other physical recreation.
See you around the Garden—at a six-foot distance!
Health & Safety
To prevent the spread of COVID-19 and for the health and safety of all visitors, you MUST wear a mask or face covering and maintain 6-foot distance from others in order to enter and remain in the Garden. It is the law. Violators will be escorted out.
Masks will be available for purchase at Garden entrances.
Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at multiple stations throughout the Garden. Feel free to inquire with Staff to help locate the nearest dispenser. Please note: Hand sanitizing does not replace hand washing. CDC recommends washing hands with soap and water whenever possible as it reduces all types of germs and chemicals on hands.
Restrooms are accessible by the ramp next to the Visitor & Administration Building. Please follow on-site instructions on how to enter restrooms.
High-touch surfaces are disinfected throughout the day.
The following activities are NOT permitted:
– Ball playing, sledding, kite flying, etc.
– Sunbathing. Shirts are required at all times.
– Picking flowers or plants, climbing or damaging trees.
– Hanging clothing or other items on trees and shrubs.
– Stepping, walking, or playing in garden beds and water features.
– Picnicking in the formal gardens. Picnicking is allowed in the Arboretum area but not coolers, barbecues or open fires, etc.
– Feeding wildlife.
– Soliciting or passing out information.
– Smoking. Under New York City law, effective May 23, 2011, smoking is prohibited anywhere on Queens Botanical Garden grounds.
– Bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards, scooters or other such devices
– Pets, except service animals on a leash
– Commercial photography, unless pre-arranged with staff
– Loud music or activities
– Professional photography and videography for commercial use (e.g., advertisement, resale of images) and personal use (e.g., wedding and engagement portraits, headshots), unless a photo permit or appointment has been pre-arranged with staff. Please note: Staff reserves the right to restrict professional camera equipment on the premises, including digital SLR cameras and tripods, unless a photo permit is obtained or an appointment has been pre-arranged with staff. Click here to learn more about photo and video permitting and procedures.
Please help keep the Garden clean and green. Place trash in receptacles and deposit bottles, cans, and newspapers in recycling containers.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Garden. Enjoy your visit!